My online journal.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bunny makes the world go 'round

Some quick updates:

- Lucy was dry again this morning. That's 4 nights in a row! She then tinkled on the rug at, like, 10:00 this morning. Unbelievable. To paraphrase the immortal words of Paula Abdul's smash hit "Opposites Attract:" we take two steps forward, we take two steps back.

- Ed has two more new teeth: D and G (just to each side of the front 2). So he's drooling like the village idiot, and his nose is running like a leaky faucet, and he cries and cries so basically his face is a very wet place. He's had fevers all day, peaking at over 103 rectally (thanks Joel for doing the dirty work) right at bedtime. He was also up coughing much of last night... poor, sick panda.

- I had a very rough day (Jayla's sick too... and Lucy didn't nap), followed by a fantastic run. Jean and I did Lake Phalen (3.125 miles) twice at dusk. The weather was beautiful and I was shocked to feel so good at the end of 6-and-a-quarter miles. Really, nothing hurt and I felt like I could have gone longer, if I'd had to. Breaking the "halfway-to-10-miles" mark was a big psychological barrier for me to cross... so we celebrated with ice cream at the Dari-ette. I am SO excited it's Dari-ette season again!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I pose this question to Jean, too. When you started running, did you feel like you seriously might die? You guys are inspiring and motivating but I HATE running. I used to run a lot in high school but now when I attempt it, I really feel like $%&*. Is it just a matter of a little at a time and sticking it out? I like to walk, but I do like the idea of running and getting it over with faster. How's that for attitude? All I know is that this c section pooch isn't coming off by itself, darn it.

Meg said...

Yeah, I think "might die" accurately sums it up in the beginning. I was surprised by how quickly it got easier, though. Start with, like, running one block, walking one block and build up from there, little by little. I went super, duper slowly in the beginning too (you could barely call it "jogging" even). More of a "lope" I guess.

Jean said...

I had the same route for a long time in the beginning, and the only reason I ran it was so I could be done with it faster.
But I don't actually hate running. The hardest part for me is putting my shoes on and walking out the door. Once I get out there, it's not so bad.