My online journal.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

AND I got to watch the Twins on cable! Yes!!

I feel the need to clarify: I am not running a 10K. I am running ten STINKING MILES... almost twice a 10K. I am going to die.

I did go for my First Run on Sunday; it was about three miles and it was great! My hips hurt a little and I was way tired by the end, but all in all it was good action.

For a while now, Lucy's been answering "Three o'clock!" whenever you ask her what time it is, and I think we just realized why: in the song "Goodnight, Sweetheart" (which, according to Lu, is "Daddy's song"), the first verse begins "Well, it's three o'clock in the morning..." and I'm sure that's where she got it.

My dad sent us a mix CD he just made (ostensibly for the kids, but I'm going to be the one weeping along to it every day) with a bunch of old-time favorites that remind me of my childhood. So many memories evoked by the playlist! Oh, here, what the heck, here it is:

Shimmy Shimmy Coco Bop
Goodnight Sweetheart

Please Don't Talk to the Lifeguard
Kissin' and a-Huggin' with Fred
Catch a Falling Star
Mr. Sandman
Hernando's Hideaway
Day-O
Where Have All the Flowers Gone?
Sweet Charlotte (hey Dad, I'm not actually familiar with this one. Should I be?)
Little Deuce Coupe
Scarlet Ribbons
Puff, the Magic Dragon

We had an awesome Easter weekend in Monti with the Gronaus. We colored eggs on Saturday night, the kids were reasonably well-behaved at church on Sunday, and we did an outdoor egg-hunt (a first for me!) with Lucy. I was in charge of dessert and thought it would be funny to make a traditional lamb cake with white frosting but with a red velvet cake... a la the armadillo groom's cake in Steel Magnolias. Joel and I thought it was hilarious -- I'm not sure anybody else truly appreciated it, which is OK. I didn't have a lamb-cake pan so I kind of invented it out of regular cake pans and even though the photos don't show its true beauty (nor its bleeding interior) it turned out much better (and far more stable) than Ellen's Macchu Pichu cake last November. I am improving!

Lucy's been doing great in the toiley department. She's been dry for naps for a full week, and even though she has been having maybe one accident a day (during the week, that is, mostly because she refuses to be torn away from playing)... she actually had a dry diaper this morning. I'm astounded, as usual.

Eddie is now feeding himself almost exclusively. He even uses a spoon about half the time, which is just awesome and very freeing for me. He's been walking a *bit* more in the last few days, too -- he can maybe go 10-12 feet at a stretch, and sometimes he even pulls himself up and takes off on his own. He was mimicking sounds a lot this weekend; Grammy D has a Little People zoo set that makes animal noises, and Ed got the lion, elephant, and even the monkey pretty close. I swear he grew during his nap today -- I came home from my run and he was, like, somehow less of a baby.

No comments: