My online journal.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Run updater

I went on my same 2.5-mile loop that I did yesterday. I felt... terrific, actually! I ran about 15 minutes before pooping out (but that was on a hill)... I walked for 3 minutes, then ran 2 more minutes (still on the hill, you know!), then walked 2 more and then ran the rest of the way home (er, downhill).

I got shin splints before I even hit the first mile, but I just kept going (since Jean promised me I wouldn't permanently injure myself by running with shin splints, unlike, say, running with a broken ankle) and, much to my shock, they actually went away. But I think running uphill (which I have to do for the middle part of my run) helps... sooo... I dunno.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

And here's the good news. For the 10-miler you'll be hard pressed to find an incline, let alone a hill. So in theory, 2.5 miles in St. Paul is more like 5.5 in Chicago. I have this feeling Jean is going to wipe the floor with us at this run. She ran 7.5 miles this weekend whilst I had 7.5 cocktails. Dang!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ellen......

Jean said...

Hey, anonymous! Are you, by any chance.... mom?

Meg said...

Yeah, El, but the hills keep the shin splints at bay. If I was running on a flat surface I would probably be crawling back there today on bloody stumps to gather up the lower halves of my legs. And there may be no hills in Chicago, but the wind, my God, the WIND! There is nothing I hate more than wind.

Mom is that really you?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is I. Who else would care if E$ had 7.5 cocktails? I don't know how to get my name onto my comments. I'm really happy to be anonymous.

'ol neighborina nicole said...

You Ryan women crack me up.

Go MEGGO!