My online journal.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Glimpse into my day

Actual conversation with Lucy, as I am trying to wash my hands after changing poopy diaper #4 on the day:

Lucy: Momma, I have to tell you something. MOMMA!

(I finally turn from my handwashing to look at her.)

Lu: He is BOTHERING me.

Me: Who?

Lu: HE! (She holds up a carrot)

Me: That carrot is bothering you?

Lu: No! That carrot is bothering HER!

Me: Who?

Lu: HER!! (She holds up a different carrot)

Me: That carrot is bothering that other carrot?

Most conversations in our house (that don't involve Lucy, but also some that do) these days are held in Eddie-speak. Example:

Me: A daddy! A home!

(Look, kids, Daddy is home)

Joel: A daddy! A home!

(Hey everybody, I'm Daddy and I'm home)

Me: A daddy -- a dinner? A eat?

(Are you hungry for dinner now, Joel?)

Joel: A no, no eat!

(No thanks, I had lunch late; we can wait a while.)

Me: A clock! A wall! A up?

(Well, in that case, could you hang that new clock up on the wall now maybe please?)

Joel: A screwdriver! A gone?

(Dang it, where did I put my screwdriver?)

Just to make you all jealous... Lucy and I just made THESE little nuggets of heaven. Ohhhhhhmmm. A good!

4 comments:

Katers said...

Seriously Meg, those look foul, please tell me you didn't make your kids eat that...

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Oh yum!!!! I'm impressed. That's a lot of ingredients. (Oh my gosh, I am so pathetic.)

Lucy. SHE CRACKS ME UP.

Meg said...

Kate no way!! Honestly? They are super tasty!

Oh in all fairness I should tell you what I actually used for ingredients:

- REGULAR OLD canola oil

- unbleached, evaporated cane sugar (I did actually have this; I loooove it in coffee)

- TOOK AN APPLE, CHOPPED IT, COOKED IT ON THE STOVE THEN TOSSED IT IN THE BLENDER applesauce

- REGULAR OLD eggs

- WHOLE WHEAT flour (gluten and I are friends)

- flax seed meal

- baking soda, cinnamon, salt

- 3.5 REGULAR OLD carrots, grated (no zucchini on hand; oh and I added a bit more of the apple mush to make up the zukes' moisture)

- chopped walnuts

Frosting

- REGULAR OLD LOWFAT cream cheese

- REGULAR OLD powdered sugar

- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed LEMON juice

Meg said...

Oh, and also since you asked, NO, the kids didn't eat any. :) Well they might have had a bite. But they are still wayy too interested in their leftover Valentines Day candy.