My online journal.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rats, Amanda Overmyer! I'm going to miss you.

Especially since that total stinko Cook girl had to stay. Ugh!

Tuesday night, after a Watson playdate that morning, Lucy was in the bathroom when Joel had to tinkle. Joel, I think, asked for some privacy, and Lucy answered "I like penises!"

Ohhh boy.

Today during dinner, I was trying to get Lucy to taste her pork (recipe to follow) even though she was happily digging into her peas and leftover mac n cheese.

"Mommy," she starts, in her exasperated tone, "I like peas and macaroni and cheese and peadabutter and jellies and grapes and I fink that's enough foods."

Pork Helmets (Mom, is this the recipe called Nipples?)

Heat in a 12" skillet over medium heat:
1 Tb. dark sesame oil

Add to pan:
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 clove minced garlic


Saute 30 seconds, until garlic is fragrant.

Add:
1 lb. thinly sliced pork tenderloin (if yours is thicker, you'll just have
to cook it a couple minutes longer per side)

Cook 4-5 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Avoid the temptation
to overcook! It's really easy to see when the pork is done; take a kitchen
shears and slice into the thickest part to check, if you're unsure. Remember
that the white-meat pieces will cook (and hence dry out) faster than the darker
stuff.

(Sorry, I know this is Cooking 101 for many of you; I'm writing to the
lowest common Jeanometer.)

Anyway! Take the cooked pork out of the pan and keep it warm.

Add to the pan:
3 Tb. water
3 Tb. dry sherry
3 Tb. hoisin sauce
(it's like Asian barbecue sauce; it's yummy!)
1.5 Tb. dried cilantro (I think dried cilantro is pretty worthless; I
omitted it this time and subbed about 4 chopped green onions. Some fresh
cilantro might be nice! Or parsley, if you like parsley?)

Cook the sauce over medium heat until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
Spoon the sauce over the meat -- as Eddie would say, "Ummmm! Meat! A-ricious!"

1 comment:

Jean said...

Thanks for dumbing it down for me. Just like those jazz squares!