My online journal.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Mostly, I am pleasant

Okay, so I know it was, like, 13 degrees this morning with an absolutely wicked windchill... but I'm feeling pretty good. The boys are napside, Lucy is island-side... sorta... I have meals planned for the week (well, for today and tomorrow, anyway), the sun is shining, the tank is clean...

THE TANK IS CLEAN!

So, I'm thinking the meals is from whence my funk has been coming. I've been eating garbage: Takeout... sweets... cereal-for-dinner at 11 PM. And sugar cereal at that. No jubbaloes. SODA. And I've been feeling ROTTEN.

And I was doing so well! For months! And then, with all my activities, I got less-than-diligent about packing myself a dinner for my double-rehearsal nights. I bought the stupid sugar cereals that only cause a Serious Riot in the house when I try to eat them because the kids want to eat them too, only I really don't want them to eat them, and did I mention I'm not a morning person? And I'm not kidding I was eating some Caramel Crunch cereal on Saturday and I almost gagged, it was disgustingly sweet. And I have a giant sweet tooth.

So I'm going to start working a little more on planning what I eat. I think it's better for me, and I think it's going to make me feel better. Or that's the theory for the day.

This kind of made my day. How do I post an actual video? Gaaaah!

2 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

MEALS ARE THE BANE OF MY LIFE. I so know what you mean about feeling like crap when you eat crap. I just wish I was better at planning out meals. I just NEVER know what to make. I get frustrated because I want to make healthy things, but I can't think of healthy thing to make that my family will actually eat, and then I end up not planning anything at all and we eat crap. *sigh* I want a personal chef sooooooooo bad!

Madwoman of Preserve Path said...

Mine, too, Alison! We should all start sharing menus. I'm sick of my same old meals.