My online journal.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Somewhere My Love

A snippet of this song is playing on NPR. I like that I recognize it -- I like that about my upbringing, that I know old songs and can sometimes sing along.

So I have a conundrum. Well, two. Again, my desire to teach dance is conflicting with my home life.

I've been teaching these preschool dance classes, and while I enjoy myself immensely, I have nagging guilt about HAVING to drag Lu and Ed along with me. I mean, once they're there they typically love it, but getting them there is a giant pain in the noodle. So I'm just torn -- do I keep dragging them along, or do I just say Sorry! to my students and postpone classes until my kids are safely into school? It's a real stinker.

Also -- I have some bad news. Tomorrow night will be my final timely American Idol posting. I have a new gig on Tuesday nights at 7:00, so unless I can figure out how to use my VCR, I'm doomed. *Sigh* It was SUPER fun, while it lasted. Unfortunately, Teaching For Money outweighs Watching My Second-Favorite TV Show For Free. That is, unless someone can raise $400 in the next week? Then I can tell my Tuesday class to shove it. Well, let me know how that goes.

I'm making my mom's famous Turkey Carcass Soup this evening and golly it smells delicious. Gotta go find a biscuit recipe...

2 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Is your VCR seriously that hard??

I would say that, if Ed and Lu enjoy themselves once they're there, keep dragging them along. I mean, it's not like you're dragging them along to, say, an office where they have to sit in a corner and be quiet--they're going to a KIDS' DANCE CLASS for pete's sake, led by their own mother! Feel no guilt. OR...is there someone you know that would be willing to do some babysitting trading with you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg you have got to share your biscuit recipe. I ate like four before I knew it and I was out of control. Luckily, Meg recognized this and threw dessert in front of my face. Gluttonous disaster avoided.

JG