My online journal.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Seattle! I'm going to Seattle!

I shouldn't even write this, since we haven't exactly booked the tickets yet. Joel is going to Seattle for a benefits thinghy in May/June and... I'm going too!

He grumbles that I won't get to spend much time with him because he will be "very busy." Pfft! I'm more than happy to explore alone. It's sort of always been my dream to travel alone. I can't wait!!

Soooo... what should I do!?!?



Also here's a pic taken by my friend Annetta, whose darling children were in my recent dance class:


And Eddie sans the toofers:


And just one more pic for good measure:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seattle public library! The glass exterior and green, bamboo photos stretched on the floor makes the interior feel "outdoorish", even when it is raining (all the time).

Rem Koolhaas built the most amazing, refreshing library on earth. I would move in - if it were allowed.

Enter, go to the top (via elevator) and then walk down (via assorted staircases). This approach gives you the perfect tour from sky to ground.

Also - Elliot Bay is one of the best book stores on the west coast.

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Isn't the Space Needle there?

You look very comfortable in that picture, six inches off the ground. Nice form! :)

Nicole Pudwell said...

Hi there! When you book your tix, let us know the dates -- we'd love to come downtown (assume you will be staying there?) and hang out. You're coming out at a good time of the year, too - should be great weather to see the sights! Can't wait to see you guys! Nicole & Scott

Stuart said...

Hey Meg,

Go to Matt's in the Market (http://www.mattsinthemarket.com/).

Get reservations.

Best. Food. Ever.

In addition, I also ate a couple of times at the Red Fin (http://www.redfinsushi.com/) and we loved it.

If you haven't already done so, sign up for Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/seattle) to help you find other good places to eat.

Stu

Madwoman of Preserve Path said...

Don't miss Pike Place Fish Market, where, according to the Wikipedia article, "employees throw three-foot salmon and other fish to each other rather than passing them by hand. When a customer orders a fish, an employee at the Fish Market's ice-covered fish table picks up the fish and hurls it over the countertop, where another employee catches it and preps it for sale." I saw a documentary about this place once. It was really cool. Or at least I thought so. Google it for a better look.

And, if all of that fails, you can look up my hippie cousins.