My online journal.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Random Tuesday Stuff

It's Opening Day! Go Twins!

Last night was the first night of my new swing and latin dance classes. They were very, very fun -- my students seem pretty cool and pretty untalented, which is just how I like 'em. And Joel survived (mostly) the 2.5 hours home alone with the kids.

Look for my American Idol recap tomorrow! Looks like it's Country Night tonight. Oh, Lordy, I'm not sure how that bodes for Chris "Galway Dave" Daughtry. Or any of them, if I'm being honest. I seem to remember previous years' Country Nights being near-total nightmares. Feel free to share your thoughts in the Comments!

Oh, can you send some "power" our way? Lucy fell off a chair (upon which she was standing, unfortunately -- I was trying to help her wash her hands!) and bonked her head on the kitchen floor this morning. I get into the swing of things and start thinking either A) my kids are indestructible and/or B) Lucy's a bigger (and more coordinated) girl than she really is and this is dangerous. I think she is okay but I feel so, so terrible.

Oh, and if you need a photographer for your kids or your family or whatever, please check out my Neighborino Pat's work. He is just awesome with little kids (and probably bigger kids too) and he is extremely talented.

Another FYI: I am sure none of you are trying to email me at my work email address, right? BECAUSE I AM ON LEAVE UNTIL MAY 30. So if you are writing me at an address that ends "libertysite.com" or "altafimarketing.com" or "harlandics.net" please don't. Because I can't read it. :)

5 comments:

CarolSue said...

I'm sending good wishes for Lu's noggin... I'm sure she's okay. As long as she got really ticked and cried her eyes out, then she's fine. I swear, us parents are our own kids worst enemies... it happens to the best of us, trust me :)

MC said...

I think you need one more email address at work. :-) Because I know, I certainly do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out to Galway Dave! And i though Kenny Rogers made chicken???
This is Ellen, by the way. I can't figure out how this thing works.

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

You're teaching dance already?!??!?! Where on God's green earth are you digging up the energy?!?! I guess I don't have to ask how you're recovering. Sheesh. Color me jealous. :)

Meg said...

Don't be jealous, Al; rather, pity me for constantly overextending and overcommitting myself. Someday, it will most likely lead to insanity.

P.S. My "word verification" word is "ztutwuk"! Isn't that a cute word?