My online journal.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

In a good spot

Want to know why I’m so happy?

I got both kids to nap at the same time, two days running! I’m a freeking genius!

Just kidding.

I’m happy because my life still has so much possibility. Sure, I’m “old and married” and “settled down” but there is still time for me to dream. I can page through magazines with photos of enormous, beautifully-decorated homes, and I can still think “maybe, someday.” I’ve got a couple kids, and we might be done, but… we might not. We might have five! I have a decent job, but heck, maybe I’ll go back to school and become something else.

It might just be the time of year, because a two-week streak of gorgeous spring days sure lends itself to boundless optimism. But today, I’m happy.

Oh, and I haven't dropped either kid on his nor her head in over a week!

No comments: