My online journal.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I *have* started to waddle... is that "progress"?

Gus and I had a nice chat last night, but to no avail. (I even sang him/her show tunes, trying to give the vibe that if (s)he likes them, there's much more where that came from... and if (s)he doesn't, then if (s)he comes out (s)he can let me know and I will stop!) I'm having pretty much zero contractions at this point. Which is SO WEIRD. Anyway, I don't think I will be able to post this evening after my doc appt at 3 PM, but I will post in the morning.

I am going to try to steer the convo with my doc AWAY from the pros/cons of induction (I feel like I have an excellent handle on that, thank you to EVERYONE who has "commented," called or emailed in the last couple days). I more want to talk to her about how we're going to monitor the baby, when this induction can/should be scheduled, and perhaps seek some insights as to why I haven't started labor yet (especially after those regular contractions Sat/Sun and Monday!).

Here's where I'm at: if Gus is in any danger, let's just get him/her out of there. I only hope that there isn't something else halting the birthing that will cause me to have to go through the contractions with the pitocin, only to end up with a C-section because Gus wasn't positoined correctly to start with, or something. It gives me pause that my labor with Lucy was progressive and natural, and this one is getting stalled. What's the difference? I suppose I'll never know, "all pregnancies are different," yadda yadda.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I'll be thinking of you! I am frustrated/anxious/excited for you! It was such a short time ago that I was feeling these same things...I almost feel like I'm reliving it. Let's just think positively that you and Gus will get started on your own. Everything will happen perfectly!

XOXO
Heather and Jackson

Rebecca said...

Meggo--

Are they positive about the due date? I know they were sketchy about it at the beginning.

Are you listening to your CDs and relaxing each night? The more you stress, the more labor may be impended.

Just remember (which I think you have) HEALTHY MOM HEALTHY BABY! Whatever needs to be done for you both--do it!

I look forward to hearing what the doc says today---maybe I'll try and give you a call tonight!

Anonymous said...

Well itr sounds like you have a pretty good handle on everything emotionally-quite rare for a pregnant woman if I do say so myself! I will continue thinking good thoughts, and I am sure everything will be just fine! Love to JG and Lu-Bree

Meg said...

Thanks Heather, Becky and Bridgee!

Beck: actually they've been pretty consistent on my due date; where they went wrong was thinking I wasn't pregnant at all until I was 11 weeks along. Oh! The book (from the other post) is The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields.

Bridgee: Thanks for the helpful note a couple days ago about the Pitocin. That made me feel a lot better. :) I do still feel really good, which of course makes a Huge difference in my mental state. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Meg, I can't believe Gus isn't here yet!

Hang in there, you are doing everything right, and you've got a great attitude.

You've probably had tons of advice about induction, but if you want a little more, stop over today after your appointment (or give me a call) and I'll throw in my two cents (my induction went really well, and though I had reservations about it initially, looking back, it wasn't a bad way to go at all!).

Be good to yourself, let us know if you need ANYTHING!

Nicole and all the Watson boys

Heather said...

Hmmmm...your last post was Wednesday and now it's Friday. Does this mean Gus is on the way? Hope so!!!

Love,
Heather