My online journal.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hi everyone!

Greetings! We're home from the hospital. Ed is great -- nursing, filling his diapers and making us fuss over him like an old pro. Lucy is very intrigued with the new guy. We put a large book up by Ed's pack-n-play so Lu can stand on it and peek in. She's spent a good part of the last hour standing there, jabbering on her "phone" and gesturing wildly at him.

I had my first "welcome to the NFL" moment this afternoon. JG was napping in the basement and Lu was napping in her room, so I went to change Ed's diaper. I was trying to put the gel on his little circumcision and of course he peed everywhere (soaking his clothes, blanket, and changing pad), then pooped on the clean diaper, then started screaming... then Lucy started screaming... then the dryer buzzed. Argh!

Thanks again everyone for sticking with us during this WILD pregnancy. You know where to find us, but I am going to try to get back to everone to whom I owe phone calls/emails. Many beams of love going out to all of you.
Meg

5 comments:

Heather and Jackson said...

Hi Ed -
My mom thought you were going to be a girl. I am pretty jazzed that you're a boy because we can be good friends since we're only 7 weeks apart. It was nice of you to come out so quickly for your mom. My mom says I was not as considerate. I can't wait to meet you. I am getting really big so you can borrow my little clothes if you want. I hope I get to play with you soon. Take it easy on your mom and dad. I slept through the night last. It's not as scary as it seems - you should try it!

Love,
Jackson
(and my Mom, Heather)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Ryan Family Eddie!! Meg, Joel, and Lucy congratulation on you wonderful new family. We wish you the best of luck with everything. When will you guys be down in Illinois again? We can't wait to meet Eddie. We will have to have a Meet Ed party like we did for Lucy. Well heres to you getting at least 2 1/2 solid hours of sleep tonight. Molly

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Wow, I can't believe you're already home! That's so fast! I hope you are all adjusting okay. Does JG get any paternity leave? Can't wait for more pictures!

-Alison

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on you new bundle! I too have gone through the "NFL" moments, they are not fun but it does give you loads of funny stories to tell. Plus, you end up so busy you forget about them quickly (or maybe it is all the brain-cells lost from having kids!)

Anyway, he looks absolutely adorable. Glad you and Eddie are well and take care!!

Monica Bennett

Anonymous said...

So happy for the new Groneau Family! Congratulations to all of you! Lots of love commin' your way from Larry and Betty.