My online journal.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Still here

Well yesterday I had regular contrax all morning, like 5-8 minutes apart... only to be thwarted by lunch and the nice walk I took afterward. It's, like, all the things that are supposed to START labor are actually STOPPING it for me. Bah.

We think Lu caught something like the roto-virus or whatever (can someone with some medical knowledge PLEASE tell Joel that it's not named "roto-virus" simply because it has the same "cleaning out effect" as Roto-Rooter... please??) Oh, wait, I just googled it and it's more like "rotavirus." Well anyway, apart from some nasty diapers at Dee's yesterday and her vomiting on Saturday and her lack of appetite on Sunday... she seemed totally fine this morning. SuperGramps flew up this AM to take care of her, since I didn't feel good about taking her to day care if she's still contagious... what on earth would we do without my dad? Seriously. Though as I mentioned Lu appears to be totally fine today.

OK, back to me: I am getting the impression that *something* is stopping or impeding my labor. Now, I'm not sure if Gus just isn't ready to join us, or if it's something psychological with me, or something physical that just puts a stop on it whenever it starts to get going... but I am feeling strongly that I am going to have to be induced. I would like to try to wait it out as long as possible (as long as Gus is still doing OK in there, and as long as I am not miserable).

OK I better post this, apparently some of you have started to harass Michelle Crandall. :)

12 comments:

CarolSue said...

Harass?? Harass? We were only expressing our concern for your well-being. And you can be sure that we did not try to call your husband at work to see if he was in today and become very excited when he did not answer the phone :) See what happens when you keep your fans waiting at this critical stage?!

Hang in there. (What an ineffectual piece of advice that really is - what else are you going to do??!) Every baby has to come out eventually. You just provide such a warm and comfy environment, he/she doesn't want to leave!

Nicole said...

Harass? That may be a little harsh. She does have the inside track on whether or not you are at work. I think if the rolls were reversed she would be politely asking the same question. :) Besides we have to use our resources, right Carol :)

MC said...

Please note: Harass was Meg's word, not mine. I simply mentioned it was good she was in because people were starting to wonder. And wondering we are!!! What's up Baby Gus? Let's get things rollin'!

Meg said...

GEESH! I rescind my "harassing" comment. Oh! Book club gals, I want to SINCERELY apologize for my pick this month. I'm halfway thru it and I'm afraid it kind of blows goats.

Nicole said...

Okay, I just reserved it at the library and you know I have trouble reading the books as it is, then when I hear they suck I just lose all ambition to read them at all. Maybe I won't get it then. i still have Life of Pi to read??? I know you guys all read it. Any other suggestions?

CarolSue said...

I'm actually really enjoying the book - I think I'm about halfway through it as well. Nikki - read it, I think you'll like it. I think we should stive to have everyone actually finish a book for once! Besides, that's what our discussions are supposed to be about, what we liked and didn't like. We are definitely not all going to like the same things.

Meg said...

Nik, have you read "Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons" by Lorna Landvik yet? I just LOVED that book.

Meg said...

OK fine Carol. I do have to say that I read the entire first half in about three sittings -- so it does go really quickly and apparently it's managed to hold my attention so far.

Maybe I am mostly annoyed by the fact that I got a LARGE PRINT edition accidentally, and also I don't care for the cover artwork, and oh yeah also I AM STILL PREGNANT. :) :) :)

CarolSue said...

Crack me up. I got a large print edition, too! AND just this morning I was standing in the bedroom staring at the book on the bed and wondering what the heck the picture on the front had to do with the actual story!! I kid you not. Does yours have the picture of the woman on the front who is like half flowery and half stone or something?

Oh, yeah... I guess I'm still pregnant, too. :) Although not nearly annoyed about it as you.

Meg said...

YES! The half-stone woman. I do not like her one bit. Does yours have the "photos" in the middle? Is that supposed to be a joke? It's a NOVEL. Who ARE those people? And if that first one is really supposed to be Mercy, that's just stupid because she is neither obese nor taller than Cuyler. And how do you pronounce "Cuyler" anyway? I just don't get it.

Rebecca said...

Ok, inform us...what book is it?

Meg said...

Sorry! It's The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields.