My online journal.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Pregnant. Still.

Hey there, so I'm back at work today.

Appt yesterday went well. I was dilated to 3. She "stripped my membranes" again and gave the baby a non-stress-test, which Gus passed with flying colors (which basically means (s)he is super, duper happy and comfy in there). The doc put me on the schedule for an induction next Wednesday, March 8, but she said that even if I was induced, all they'd most likely have to do is break my water and I would be going. I had had regular contractions (5-8 minutes) all day yesterday, and after the appointment they were more like 3-5 minutes and getting really strong. So Joel and Jan and Dad and I packed up all my bags, and stacked everything by the door. I even called the hospital to see what the room situation was.

At 9:00 (after The Office, natch), I said, well, we can go to the hospital, or I can try to go to sleep.

So I went to sleep.

Woke up at 10:00 PM in a PANIC... I hadn't had ANY contractions for an HOUR!?!??! Called the hospital and apparently it's normal for the contrax to heat up in the evening but then disappear when you sleep. WHATever. I went back to bed, slept until 6:30... and here I am at work. Gus is kicking around, happy as a stinkin' clam. I am going to go forage for some hot chocolate, or something.

*sigh*
:)

3 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Uuuuhhhhggggg! I'm so sorry it's taking so long, Meg. That's great that they stripped your membranes, though, and that your ctx were so regular. Gus is right around the corner, I just know it. What are the ctx like today? I wish I could come take you out to lunch or something!

Hey, know what they told my mom when she was 2 weeks late? "Go home, have a glass of wine, and relax." So I think tonight you and Joel should let your dad babysit, and you should go out to some nice Italian restaurant and have a nice dinner (eggplant parmesan is supposed to get things going, I hear!) and glass of wine. Maybe if you're nice and chilled out things will jump into high gear.

Rebecca said...

Ewww...stripping membranes. Sounds gross. Does that hurt? (yes, you can laugh at me...)


Now that you have a date set for induction and you know that everything is peachy with GusGus, you can relax and let nature do its thing! I agree with Alison..go out and have a nice relaxing, romantic dinner!

Meg said...

Beck --
The stripping hurt when the doc did it with Lucy. But now I've had it done twice with Gus and it was only barely uncomfy both times. Though, of course, it WORKED when they did it with Lu and it has had Zero effect this time.

I honestly feel that if I wait, I will quite literally be pregnant forever. My body is just not going to kick it into gear on its own this time. Isn't that terrible? I've had such supreme confidence in my body's ability to do it's stinking job this whole time, I haven't hardly worried this whole pregnancy... and it's letting me down. Unbelievable.