My online journal.

Monday, April 14, 2008

My kingdom for a title

Hey, I know I owe you several days of meals. Coming attractions:

- teriyaki salmon (don't get too excited, I bought it that way)
- bizarro mexican slop
- greyish chicken and rice (I know, could it get any worse?)
- jessica seinfeld's egg puffs (these are super fun and yummy!)

I just ate 80 fat grams' worth of FunkyChunky popcorn -- it's caramel corn drizzled with nuts, chocolate, white chocolate, caramel, butter, and sugar. It was totally worth it.

Did I ever give you my mom's recipe for Seriously Tasty and Also Exceptionally Healthy Oatmeal? Here goes:
Toss into a cereal bowl:
1/2 cup quick (not instant, not old-fashioned) oats
3 whole dates, chopped
small handful of golden raisins
small handful of chopped walnuts
3/4 cup boiling water

Stir and allow to sit a minute or two. Add milk if you want. Stir again and devour. I swear this tastes JUST as good as regular ol' oatmeal-with-brown-sugar ... but there's no sugar added at all!

No comments: