My online journal.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Loving my 3-year-old... and then changing my mind

I'm sitting at my new desk, on the chair that's a little too short for it I think, and Lucy is peeling an orange herself (a newfound skill). All of a sudden she hollers "I HAVE TO SIT ON THE POTTY WIFFYOU!" (as she does) and dashes off through the kitchen. She makes it into the hall but, lord love 'er, her little reflexes aren't fully developed and she skids right past the turn to the bathroom and winds up in the middle of the living room, a little dazed, unable to figure out what the heck she's doing in the living room.

We retrace our steps and get to the bathroom door, which is shut because I shut it because I tried to call my sister and about three seconds later I found both Lucy and Ed STANDING ON THE TOILET and Will standing on the floor right beneath them and I thought, you know what? I oughtta keep the bathroom door closed, anyway so Lucy and I get to the bathroom door and she comes to a dead stop and turns to me and says, "Is somebody IN there?" and I was all, "Who on EARTH could possibly be IN there?" and she just thinks that's the silliest thing in the world.

And she's wearing that blue-striped sweater that for some reason brings out this gorgeous blue in her eyes.

But then she drops baby Will's cell phone on the floor ... again ... LOUDLY, and Eddie starts crying in his room because he's so unbelievably tired because he was boppin' around in his crib until 11:00 last night and then woke up shouting "CEREAL!" at 7AM. And I'm all, "It's time for your island, Lu."

I'm going to make some spinach-carrot brownies. Ick.

No comments: