My online journal.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Baseball on the radio, I'm so happy!

We went to story time at the Red Balloon Bookshop this morning (as we do every Tuesday, though I'm not sure how long we're going to continue -- Ed was WILD today and it's really hard getting him to chill through both story times... I'm getting ahead of myself)

There are actually 2 story times; first is Baby Time, for 0-2 year-olds. Each week Sara, the leader, sings "happy birthday" to whichever baby(s) have birthdays that week. And apparently I did a good job preparing Ed for this week; when Sara asked for birthdays, I exaggerate not, Ed stood up on my lap, waved his hand and went "Eh!" We sang to him (and to some kid named Luka, which I think confused Lucy because I have spent the entire last week gently reminding her that, no, it's not your birthday this week) and went on our merry way.

The second story time is for 2-3 y-os and Lucy gets way more out of that one. They do a couple little dances, I think is why. Well anyway, Kim (the leader) was dressing a toy dog (I'm not really sure why; I was try to keep Ed entertained) and she put some underwear on it and the little girl right next to Lucy got really excited and shouted out "Big boy underwear!!!" It was really funny.

Which is my segue to the Quest-for-Big-Girl-Underwear Report: while yesterday was kind of fair-to-middling (I had a heck of a time getting her to put down the toys and sit down on the pot), Lu was completely dry all morning today. Which included going at 9:30 and then holding it all the way through both storytimes AND lunch and then going again at 1:30, which seems like an unreal time for her to hold it but she sure did.

The little girl I've been watching (3 days a week, 1 hour each day) is now going to need watching 5 days a week, 1.5 hours each day. I just don't know whether or not I should do it.

1 comment:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

So that title was just a general statement, eh? :)

A friend of mine was asked to up the hours she watches a little girl as well. She decided to do it because it actually relieved some stress for her--the little girl and her daughter are the same age and play together great, so it keeps her daughter occupied so she can concentrate on the hellion baby that she also watches. :) Will it up your stress? If yes, is the monetary compensation worth the days off your life from the stress? There's my little decision-making flow chart for ya, hope it helps. ;)

-Alison
blog.alisonstrobel.com