My online journal.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Whoa-oh, here she comes...

...She's a bon-bon eater!

Joel just called me that. Mostly because I am not completely exhausted at 10pm. ANYWAY! I made it through Day Three!

I promise these posts will become less child-centric in the very near future. In the meanwhile, though, I feel like a starving child who has been given a free pass to Old Country Buffet. I have been given this amazing gift of Unlimited Time with my young'uns and I am gorging myself.

Long stories short:

On two separate occasions, either Joel or I has injured ourself (that is NOT the right tense but I can't figure it out) when Lucy's been nearby. (I stubbed a toe -- I don't know what happened to JG.) Lucy immediately, upon recognizing our pain, ran over to each of us, knelt down, said "Come-here" and gave us the BIGGEST hugs. Her empathy (er, wait, sympathy?) is astounding.
Also! Guess how many dirty diapers I changed today? Only one. Ed's. Why? Because Lu went in the toilet TWICE today. Both her morning and her afternoon #2s were perfect bullseyes. I can't believe it! Awesome!

Okay, okay, two photos for you guys, I can't resist...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Meg, those kids!!! Who do they look like, I'm thinking....I'm so glad you're enjoying this and happy Lu is on the toilet, she's so smart!! Hope you enjoy your days!!!
Jamie

Old Neighborina Nicole said...

Meg, you are living my dream:
1. You are not totally exhausted at 10 p.m.
2. Your toddler is going in the potty!

Woo-hoo! Way to go ... and by the way, could your kids be ANY cuter? I love the cheesy grins.

bridget said...

Love the kids. They are so cute! And hey, congrats on the whole potty thing. I say it's Potty/Party time!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! Donna was right not that she often isn't (tee-hee) they are adorable! so glad you shared! aunt denise

Lisa Anderson said...

Those pictures are great! I can't believe how much hair Eddie has now - he looks so grown up. By the way, you were great in the video last night! Blessings!

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Wow, potty training, woohoo! Abby screams bloody freaking murder when we change her diaper--I can't wait till I don't have to do that anymore. Actually, she hasn't wet a diaper overnight since she was 4 months...maybe I'll just start sticking her on a training potty in the mornings for the heck of it and see what happens. :)

Mmmm...bon-bons.......

-Alison
blog.alisonstrobel.com