My online journal.

Monday, October 09, 2006

I DID IT!

In a fun little twist of events, "I Did It" is the title of this post for two reasons:

1. It's Lucy's new favorite thing to say. If you have been paying close attention (that is, if your name is John, Donna, Ray, or Leslie), you'll remember that Lu had been using "my" as her first-person pronoun of choice, i.e. "My scared," "My eat now." Recently, she's upgraded to "I". And she really likes to say "I did it!" It makes her sound very empowered.

2. Now for the big news: I have given my notice at work. That's right, boys and girls, at approximately 4pm on Friday, October 20, I will officially be a stay-at-home mom. I'm excited and scared, of course! And I don't know what to say besides that -- though I'm happy to entertain questions, as always.

In other news, we had a lovely weekend in Chicago. We went to Dennis and Sally's wedding reception (they were married in Tuscany over Labor Day) and got to hang out with some very dear friends we don't see too much. As always, it's good to be home. Okay, I really have to go work now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg,
I think that is great news! I did not know that you were looking into staying at home. As a past stay at home mom I have to tell you that you will love it!! I do not regret one day that I spent at home with my kids. Good luck!!

Molly

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! It is so worth every belt-tightening, coupon-clipping, luxury-passing-up sacrifice that you have to endure to make it work.

-Alison

Anonymous said...

Megs,
So happy for you! It was my favorite time of life. I got to do it for 14 years and consider myself blessed! The time does go really fast before you know it they are "my people" instead of "my children!" Enjoy! Aunt Denise

Nicole said...

Good for you Meg, I know that you have given it a lot of thought and I am proud of you for making it happen!

Madwoman of Preserve Path said...

Glad to hear you're able to make a choice. That's the greatest gift of all!

Seattle Nicole & Scott said...

Meg -- Congrats! Scott ran into the living room last night and said, "Meg quit her job and is staying home with the kids!!" We're both proud and I'm totally envious -- Maybe with this next one that's coming I'll be able to do the same! : ) Hope all is well with you and the fam -- Miss you guys! : )

Amy said...

Congrats on quitting the job!!! I think you'll be very happy. Also, Good luck with the showings. I just got finished selling my condo and it was very difficult. I had several showings and then hardly any showings. It seemed like a lot of people looked and no one wanted. It will work out!!! I promise you that!!!

Good luck,
amy