My online journal.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

I can't believe she's gone.

I just can't believe she's gone.

My Aunt Jan passed away very suddenly and very unexpectedly this weekend while she and Jean were canoeing in Wisconsin. She was 55 and in seemingly perfect health. The cause is as of yet undetermined, and my entire family and I are all still in shock. My grandmother has lost her daughter; my mother and uncle have lost their sister; my sisters and I have lost our aunt... and countless others have lost an amazing woman, musician and friend.

Jan was a reader at our wedding six years ago today. She hosted Lucy's baby shower. She was Jean's godmother, travel companion, and tennis- and piano-partner. She adored and doted on Lucy and Eddie. As the phone calls come in we are learning how many people's lives she touched. Please either pray or "send power" to my family during this excruciating time. And please give all your loved ones a giant hug and tell them how much they mean to you.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg and family,

I am so sorry for your loss. I have many fond memories of Christmas with your Aunt Jan. Many times she would sit at the piano and play songs with Jean. I hope that you all know that you are in our prayers at this time. She was a truly wonderful lady and will be missed.

Molly

CarolSue said...

Oh my god. I can't believe it. If there's ANYTHING I can do, please call. You all are in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

bridget said...

Meg,
I am so sorry. Please know that you are in our thoughts. Let us know if there is anything we can do. It is such a shock, she was such a wonderful lady!

Nicole said...

Oh My goodness, I have no words. I am so sorry Meg. I will be thinking of you.

Tricia said...

Meg...I am so sorry for your loss. Please let us know if you need anything or just need to talk.

we love you....

Julie said...

Meg I am so so sorry for your loss. I am so shocked. It just seems like yesterday that we were sitting beside her at the piano and singing songs from Annie Get your Gun. She will truly be missed. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family.

Julie

MC said...

Meg -
I only met your aunt a couple of times, but I have a good memory of her getting us to sing the PREGNANCY song at your baby shower. You know which song I'm talking about I'm sure. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm here if you need anything.

Katers said...

Hey Meg and Ray Ryan family,

What else can I say, I am extremely sorry for your loss. We have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Meg, here is a e-hug to you and your whole family and prayers for strength. Kay

Seattle Nicole said...

Meg,

I too remember your Aunt best at your baby shower when she cheerfully had us all singing the "Pregnancy Song." I'm so sorry for your loss -- please know that we are thinking of you and sending a prayer your way during this time. Nicole and Scott

Heather said...

Oh Meg, I'm so sorry. I have to join the many who will always remember your Aunt and the Pregnancy song at your shower. A wonderful way to be remembered...as a joyful, funny, caring woman who loved you very much. We are holding you in our hearts.
Much love,
The McCornacks

Anonymous said...

Dear Meg~~~~
Please know that you and your family are in my prayers~~~~`Carols mom,Sue

peggles said...

meg and family-

you are in our thoughts and prayers. if you need to talk or cry...i'm here.

Pat Sirek (Nicole Watson's mom) said...

Meg, I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. What a sad loss for all of you, and be comforted in knowing that you'll carry Jan in your hearts always. People like her, so rare in anyone's life, are immortal in that way.

Anonymous said...

Megs,
So sorry to hear of your loss. We will be praying for comfort for you and your family and the many lives she touched who will miss her presence. Much love and big hug,
Aunt Denise AZ