My online journal.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I want the spoon.

I'm here! Despite reports to the contrary, I have not fallen right off the face of the Earth. Which is a funny phrase. Because if you're standing next to someone, and they fall off the Earth, you would stand there and watch as they were forcefully ejected off into the sky. See? Now isn't that weird?

Eddie Money had his 2-month checkup today. He is gynormous. 15 pounds and 25.5 inches long, which are the 98th and 99th percentiles, respectively. So we get those numbers and then the doctor saunters in and says, "Sooo, how is he eating?" And I was, like, are you kidding? Oh, but just in case you were starting to gaze woefully at your own underachieving, normal-sized child's body, get this: Eddie has a pin-head. His head-measurement percentile? 17th. Yowsa. So basically, though 98% of other 2-month-old boys' bodies are smaller than Eddie's, 83% of them have larger heads. How embarrassing.

Word, so I owe you an AI recap. I'm working on it! Hang tight there, dawg, and I'll work it on out for ya. It's all love. Or something.

Oh, right, the title: "I want the spoon." That, my friends, was Lucy's first full sentence (we think). I mean, she's been saying "Where Eddie?" and "Hey, poo-poo!" but that was the first full, diagrammable, subject-verb-predicate-or-whatever, sentence. It sprang from her little lips Monday evening at the end of a delish meal of BBQ ribs, just as I was about to tear off for dance class. My parents, aunt and grandmother were all beside themselves that they got to witness it. Never mind that it was technically a fork!

2 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Meg, Abby just had her 4 month check up and her measurements (weight and length, anyway) were EXACTLY THE SAME AS EDDIE'S. And her head was always in, like, the 15th percentile, so I know what you mean about being a pinhead. But it sure makes getting onesies over her head easier.

Oh, and it's subject-verb-article-object. Not that it matters. Yay Lucy!!!

Meg said...

Oh, good, then I can just picture a hybrid of you and Dan and get a general feel for what it would be like to have Abby here in person! :)

And it DOES matter. Object! Of course. I should have remembered that. I should also have remembered to mail mothers' day cards before the end of this week. Alas.