My online journal.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Beauty and the daddy

So Lucy and I were reading a generic "Beauty and the Beast" book yesterday (generic, as in, non-Disney-sanctioned), and every time dark-haired Beauty appeared on a page, Lucy would point and say "Mommy!"

Flattered, I encouraged her. "Yup, Mommy is a beautiful princess!" I said. When we came to the end and the blond prince appeared, she pointed again and said "Daddy!"

"Yes! That looks like Daddy!"

So last night I was getting Lu ready for bed while "America's Next Top Model" was on (I wasn't watching it, of course, it was just on. See, there's a difference). The models were lanking around, doin' their model-thing, and Lucy pointed again and said, "Mommy!"

Well, my goodness! She must have a very high opinion of her mother! And I must be really, really, ridiculously good-looking! Hurrah!

Okay, so this morning, I was holding Lu on my lap while I looked up a couple things online. Alas, she said "Daddy" while pointing to photos of, in turn, Kyle Lohse and Adam Rosenbaum. Neither of whom are at all bad-looking, but also neither of whom look particularly like Joel. So probably, any grownup female is "Mom" and any grownup man is "Dad." Rats.

3 comments:

Neighborina Nicole said...

Last night Owen pointed to Pickles, our cat, and yelled "doggy!" :)

Seattle Nicole said...

Nicole -- that is so cute!! Josh has been walking around the house holding a picture of him and Scott and sings, "DaDa DaDa DaDa!" And I think I heard him say "Cooper" to our little beagle this week too!

Nicole said...

How many Nicole's do you know? I am not sure how I should refer to myself?? Bookclub Nicole, Blaine Nicole.....

I think you have been doing a great job posting on your blog, don't be so hard on yourself. You put people the the Lier's to shame :) At least we have something to strive for.