My online journal.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cold and unmotivated

It looks so pretty outside today, the sky a lovely baby-blanket blue and the leaves still so gold. But I can't seem to drag the kids out when it's barely 40 degrees.
I need to rake the amassing glory of leaves on the lawn, but I doubt the kids will actually sleep deeply and long enough to let me get outside and do that.

It's chilly in here, since Lucy dropped an entire apple down a furnace vent that doesn't have a vent cover on it, and I'm afraid the whole house will smell of burnt apple if I let the furnace turn on. When it gets cold like this, nothing can warm me up except some physical activity -- but of course I'm way too chilly to tackle any ironing or cooking or cleaning. I mostly just want to tuck into the couch next to Lucy, where I know I will shiver until I decide to get up again.

1 comment:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Mmmm...toss some cinnamon down that vent and your house will smell awesome! :)