My online journal.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shameless Plug! Come see my show!

And bring your kids!

So most of you know I'm working at a kids' theatre camp thru Ashland Productions. In a week and a half, we will mount a full-scale production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, with a cast of 75 performers age 6 thru 18.

Joseph is an incredible, funny, high-energy show based on the Old Testament tale of Jacob's favorite son Joseph. You should come see it! Tickets are only $6, general admission, and the cast is really great, and the costumes are supercool, and the orchestra is all professional grownup musicians, AND a few bits of the choreography are Original Meg. ;)

I cannot WAIT for Lucy to see the show, so you should totally consider bringing your kids too. Kids under age 2 can sit on your lap and don't need their own ticket. The show is probably under 2 hours long, even including the intermission. Kids will DIG this show; it is goofy and fun and quite a spectacle. With can-can dancers! Go-go dancers! And Elvis! For six dollars, how could you go wrong?

Fridays (7pm), Saturdays (7pm), and Sundays (2pm), July 26, 27, 28, and August 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12. I won't be at the Aug 10 performance but you can still come then if you wish.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

When is Lucy going and how do we get tickets?

Lisa Anderson said...

Sounds like fun! That might be David's first play (that he isn't in, that is). Do you think a 15-month-old can sit through it? Would Eddie?

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

You're right, Joseph is a great kids' show. It's perfect as an introduction to musical theater. I wish we could come see it; it's one of Dan's top two favorites! (Les Miz being the other. It's growing on me too, I must admit.) Good luck, I hope you post pictures of some of the kids in their costumes!

Heather said...

We're coming on Friday night! I think we're even bringing Jackson though it will be a little late for him. Brian is in charge of him as I need to see my students in action. They are so crazy about you!

Enjoy the last week!
Heather

Rebecca said...

I'm bringing Vivian--she's almost 15 months. I'm sure she'll do fine. She will watch some, get squirmy, watch some more, probably eat a cookie...

All good fun--and hey, it's only $6 so less than the price of a movie!

MONICA said...

The girls and I are going this weekend....

They have never seen it, but know the songs from my CD and love it!

Do we just buy the tickets at the door, where is it at?

Can't wait!