My online journal.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Oops, I goofed on the show sked...

Friday and Saturday shows are 7:30, not 7pm. The Ashland Youth Performers (like a show choir) perform 45 minutes before each showtime. They're doing some super fun medleys from Hairspray, Wicked, High School Musical, and Footloose. Sorry for the confusion!!


This morning Lu got up early (6:45ish), climbed over the gate we have on the bottom of the stairs, and strolled up to our bed saying "Hi!"

I came downstairs, grabbed the paper, and sat on the couch. I told Lu I was just going to snooze for a while, while she played. I put my feet up, and picked up the paper.

Lucy says, "I have to tell you something, Mama."

Sure, come tell me.

She bends over and whispers in my ear: "You don't read the paper when you're sleeping."

2 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Such an insightful young lady. :) And a bit of a monkey, apparently. Yikes, climbing fences already? She'll only be three this year, right? Wow.

Heather said...

You should write a book with all these Lucy-isms. They make my day. I read them to Brian and we laugh.

The show was awesome! The kids did such a great job. We went on Friday night and brought Jackson. Two times he said to me, "All done, Mama." (during Close Every Door and Canaan Days) But we didn't even have to get up with him. Congrats on a great job with ALL of those kids. I am coming again on the last Sunday to see the other cast. I spent much of the show crying with laughter watching Will and Ella. At one point Ella was catching the dust she could see because of the stage lights. Will, being the ultimate stage professional, was discretely trying to get her to put her hands down.

See you soon!