My online journal.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So far, I guess I *am* technically having fun...

OK so I thought I would dye my hair blonde today.
But considering it started out nearly black (which is apparently my natural color these days. I swear it's been getting darker and darker recently -- as though to really emphasize the gray. Sweet.)
Anyway, I left it on for 80 of the maximum 90 minutes but now I'm approximately the color of a school bus. Objectively, it's an Orange that would be super-lovely on a geranium or perhaps a lioness. The good news is I've never seen anybody with this hair color. The bad news: I've never seen anybody with this hair color.

Argh, these are terrible pictures. Too much face, not enough hair. Let me try again...


Wow, it looks a lot lighter from the side.
I bought another box because I figure with the dark starting color and the coarseness of my hair, I probably need to reapply. But I have to wait at least 24 hours, so we'll see what I end up with.
It also turns out that now the only color I can wear is black. *sigh*
OK also I took the kids sledding at Battle Creek this afternoon, in lieu of the facade we now call naptime. That place is AWESOME!! We had it to ourselves, and we had 3 sleds which was good because Lu and Ed both insisted on going alone. It's a good thing it's only a mile and a half away, though, because we only lasted about 20 minutes. It's exhausting.

11 comments:

CarolSue said...

YOU DID IT!!!!

What did the kids think??

Nicole said...

OMG! I love it!! You are a total babe!

Way to go. You are fabulous.

Nicole said...

I mean, you LOOK fabulous.

MC said...

Gutsy. Good move! Wow, I'm kind of shocked you did it.

Katers said...

Meg...I'm in total shock, I didn't think hair color was your thing (aren't you also against the blow dryer?). As someone who went gray at 18 I say, ROCK THE COLOR!!!

bridget said...

You are so brave! I have been gradually getting lighter and it has taken me years! I just finally had Dawn go a little darker last time, you know for my "winter-do."

Heather said...

Several years ago I cut ALL my hair off. For some reason, doing something major with your hair is really empowering. Way to go! You look beautiful! And I want to know what the kids think too!

CarolSue said...

Hey! I wonder if people will start saying you and Joel look alike...

:):):)

Rebecca said...

Wow. It's different. But honestly, I think it is kinda...flourescent???

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Dang, girl. You're the bomb.

peggles said...

AWESOME. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! not that you weren't beautiful before, but it really is becoming on you!