My online journal.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Real lazy Saturday

It's a rare weekend with only a few optional activities planned. But here it is! We got a few inches of snow last night and even I have to admit the fresh snow is quite lovely. Joel finally got the kids out in it about 20 minutes ago -- our excuse this time was that their good mittens were in the wash, having been thoroughly muddied several days earlier.

I'm waiting for my meat loaf to finish cooking. I sorta forgot to make sides -- I bet I have time to steam up some peas, or something. I've been wayyy unmotivated to cook the last couple evenings, but it's been turning out OK.

Joel and I are going to a Grown-up Party tonight and I have neither any idea of what to wear, nor an appropriate host-gift. I don't think a bottle of three-buck Chuck is going to cut it. For the hostess gift, I mean -- though I doubt it would cut it as an outfit either.

Don't forget to watch the Oscars tomorrow night!

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

I am equally unmotivated to cook at the moment.