My online journal.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday notes

So it turns out my personal newspaper-fairy is actually my darling husband, who's been leaving every morning well before 7:00 to prep for his triathlon in July. Rats! Now I want my gift certificate back. Just kidding.

My pint of half-and-half went bad earlier this week, and when I look back and realize that I kept drinking the rest of the cup of coffee, even after I noticed it tasted weird, my tummy starts to hurt a little. Since my food budget is $2.82 until tonight at midnight, I thought I was going to have to go coffee-free for a few days until I discovered not one, but TWO aerosol cans of whipped cream in my fridge. Whose are they? Where did they come from? Who cares? They're mine now, and if there's anything yummier than aerosol whipped cream in my coffee, well, I just don't know what it is.

In the flurry of posting this week, I wonder if my note about the children I know (who have been taken from their home by their non-custodial mother), has flown under the radar. It's a terrible experience this family is going through -- the kids have been missing since Feb. 6. My post is several posts down. I know not everyone can give money, but sending some prayers and "power" their way would be much appreciated. Thanks!

No comments: