My online journal.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Good-bye, nursing bras! Hello...

Um... hello? Hellooooooo...

hello... hello... hello...

Well! I finally went through my bra drawer and removed every last nursing bra and washable nursing pad. Ed and I had one last nursing session last week and we are totally done now. So now my chest is a size it hasn't been for... three and a half years? Which means the only 2 bras I have that fit now are four years old and came from the teenage-girls bra department at JC Penney. Ugh.

Lucy's word for "nipples" might actually be "mittles." I can't quite tell.

My mother-in-law is participating in a Polar Plunge at Lake Calhoun this Saturday. We're going to see her to cheer her on and wish her luck and warmth!

Going ot have to finish this later; it's bedtime...

2 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Wow, done! Are you cool with that? How is Ed doing? I keep thinking we're starting to wrap things up in that area, and then suddenly Abby will go on strike from solids and do nothing but nurse for a day. Grr! I envy you your regular bras and non-fluctuating bra size...

-Alison
blog.alisonstrobel.com

Meg said...

Oh, yes, very cool. :) No, I do feel a little bad because I feel like I did it more on MY schedule, than Ed's. I've been having a lot of evening activities and the only real time he had been nursing was bedtime, and I wasn't around for that so it sort of had to end. I do think he maybe could have gone on for a while if he could have nursed, say, twice a week. But I can't imagine he would actually be getting anything at that point... right? I guess I didn't research it enough. But really he seems totally fine. He goes right to sleep with just a song these days.

My friend Jara emailed me "Are you ready to start all over again and have more babies?"

At which I simply blanch. :) I think we'll just enjoy the ones we have for a nice, long while. :)