My online journal.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

1500, my new radio home

That show Medium always freaks me out. I love it!

Tonight I seriously HAPPENED to turn on 1500AM, only because I just had to reprogram all my radio stations in the van because my in-laws left the lights on when they took Lucy to church on Saturday so the battery died so all my pre-set stations went the way of pin-rolled pants and banana clips, and while reprogramming the stations I actually remembered that the Twins are no longer on 830 but 1500, so I actually set it correctly, so then when I turned on the radio (which I only get to do when I'm alone in the car which is very rare these days) THERE WAS A TWINS GAME ON!!!!

Yes, spring training has begun! I am not kidding when I say my little heart skipped a beat at the sound of John Gordon's voice. The ride to the Dayton's Bluff Rec Center is less than 5 minutes, so all I really caught of the game was that we were ahead 1-0 in the 3rd based on something Jason Bartlett did, and that we're scheduled to play against Kyle Lohse later this week, but WHO CARES, it's BASEBALL!!!

Now, it still confuses me that major-league ballplayers can be younger than I am. I know, I know, some of them are an entire decade younger than I am. But it's still something that I have a hard time wrapping my mind around.

Silly kid update!
Lucy's taken to calling Ed "a stinker." Probably because I do too. The other day Ed was hollering about something and Lucy said to me "What a loud stinker!"
Also, she uses "stink" when she means "smell" as a verb. Today, she picked up a diaper Ed had just dirtied (and I had just carefully wrapped) and said "Let me stink this," right before sticking her nose in it.

3 comments:

Jean said...

I think we had the same day yesterday, only it spilled into today.
Last night at work, Greg (the only male nurse I work with and one of the few nurses who actually care about baseball) says to me, "Guess what today is??"
**dramatic pause**
"First spring training game!!!!" (He really loves the Twins.) And like you, my heart also skipped a beat.
And then this morning, I'm watching Medium (which I taped from last night), and my phone rings at the scariest part... and it was YOU! AAAGHHHH!

John Gilligan said...

I had to check to see if they are puting any of the preseason games on tv. This Sunday at 12:05 it is on Channel 29. GO TWINS! Did you hear that Chairman Mau hit a 3-run homer the other night. Helz Yea!

slskenyon said...

We are getting huge coverage of Spring Training games here in New England, especially with new players on board. The baseball season seems so long, though, that it is hard to get entirely enthusiastic about it just yet. I'll wait until the park opens.