My online journal.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Where is tall-man?

Ed had his 4-month checkup today. He's fabulous (and very handsome, according to the doctor). 17 lbs, and a whopping 28.75 inches tall. Which explains why he's dangling out of his car seat AND why we had to raise the level of his "office" yesterday.

Update: I am NOT taking Chem this fall; I am taking Lifespan ("Developmental") Psych. Only one night a week for three hours (rather than two nights a week for eight total hours) -- MUCH better.

Other than that, we're just taking everything one day at a time -- working hard at communicating with the Pants (small victory today: she was eating a banana in the car on the way to the doc and then decided to drop the banana on the floor. But then immediately realized that that meant she could no longer reach, nor eat, it. She had a FIT and I explained that she could have the banana back once we got to the doctor's office. And that if she wanted to eat it, she shouldn't drop it. And I swear she stopped crying and said something like "Don't drop 'nana, can eat it." And I was like "YESSS!")... and enjoying our soon-to-be-departed neighbors and our Twins victories while we can. Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Katers said...

Hey Meg,

What are you going to school for??

Meg said...

Well, right now, nothing. "Enrichment," I think they call it. But I'm considering applying to a nursing program up here; it would start next fall, though, so I have lots of time to contemplate. Part of the reason I'm taking a fall class is to test whether or not I can still hack school... 8 years later.

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Wow, nursing, that's awesome! I'd say it's also totally out of left field, but that would imply that I actually talked to you more than, like, once every four months. *sniff* I wish we lived closer.

Okay, your child is officially bigger than my nearly 7 month old. That is insane. She was only 16.8 pounds and 26.5 inches at her 6 month checkup. What are you feeding that kid?!