My online journal.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Go Gone Went

Congratulations to Carol and Pat and Josie, who have a new baby (and sister, respectively)!
Genevieve (Eve) (not sure if I'm spelling that right) was born late Monday. Mom and baby are doing great!

Here's a quote I liked, found on my cup of Starbucks yesterday:

Wrangling fear is the biggest challenge the world faces now and the challenge we all face, now and again, at our crossroads, in the dark moments, at those times we are asked to compromise, at those times when we know deep down that we must revolutionize our own lives.
-- Holly Morris, Author of Adventure Divas: Searching the Globe for a New Kind of Heroine.

I have one of those air-conditioning colds I sometimes get in the summer. After three whole winters without a cold, it's an unpleasant surprise.

Lessee, what else is new?

Ed is still the wiggliest little guy. He flips himself onto his tummy in his crib and then gets mad when he can't get back over. He squirms over to the edge so he's sleeping with his legs hanging out between the bars. He's getting a little fiesty while feeding too -- pounding me with those tiny fists, and writhing his whole body. The other night he was playing this game while eating -- he'd look up and over to where Joel was sitting, wait for Joel to look at him, then smile a huge grin and quickly latch back on.

Lucy started saying either "I hate you" or "I hit you" last night. She said it (whatever it was) very clearly to both Joel and me, on three separate occasions. It was very creepy.

3 comments:

Seattle Nicole P. said...

Hi Meg!! Maybe Lucy said, "I'd date you????" Whatever she said, I'm sure she didn't mean it -- I wouldn't take it to heart -- Lucy is just too sweet to know what she said!! Plus, at this age, kids repeat everything they hear, and most of the time they don't really know what it is that they are saying. Case in point: Scott and I were driving this weekend to Mt. Rainier and got stuck behind a verrrrrrrry slow old-timey car. Everyone kept passing us so we couldn't get around this guy... So in a moment of deperation, Scott hit the steering wheel and yelled out "COME ON!" Low and behold, not more than 3 seconds later did we hear a little peep from the backseat saying, "Come On!" in just the sweetest tone. Of course, the rest of the day we couldn't get Josh to stop saying "Come on" to everyone we passed on the hiking trail -- It really was pretty funny! Take Care!

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Maybe it was "I ate you"--she's thinking back to her nursing days? :) That's so funny that Eddie puts his feet between the bars of the crib. Abby has started doing that, too, but not on purpose; she wakes up and starts rolling and kicking around and sometimes her legs or arms go right out the sides. She seems to have forgotten that she knows how to roll from her tummy to her back; she'll roll over and then start crying, legs and arms elevated from the mattress so she's 'beached' on her tummy. So funny-looking and I can't help but laugh at how mad she gets when she's perfectly capable of righting herself.

Meg said...

You guys are great. And hilarious. Thanks. :)

I actually ran into one of her buddies at daycare, Blake, and his mom the other day and she mentioned that Blake was saying "I hit you" sometimes too. Blake's a little older than Lu and speaks more clearly so I'm guessing that's what it was.

Ed does the "beached" thing too! Head, arms, and feet up, cranky as heck.

Last night I tucked all of Joel's and my old yearbooks upright around Ed's crib, in between the bars and the mattress. So at least now his limbs aren't poking out.