My online journal.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

34-week checkup

Saw the doc for the 34-week checkup yesterday. Everything's great! I gained another 6.5 lbs for a grand total of somewhere between 25-30 lbs. BP was something like 110/65 or so. I never get precise measurements on the "tummy check" or baby's heartbeat, but apparently both are going strong and as expected.

I did, however, have to ask the doc about what happens right after birth. Because I:
- was so excited
- didn't have my contacts in or glasses on so I was TOTALLY BLIND
- had been given that sedative (Vistaril) five hours before... plus the Nubain
...when Lu was born, I can't seem to remember anything about what happened right after she was born. Anyway, the doc last night thought I was crazy that I'd forgotten everything.

Sorry, I have to go work now. Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

*laugh* Well, good for you for asking, anyway. Hey, how much did you gain with Lucy? I know you were sort of behind on weight gain with this one because of the wacky circumstances, but did you gain a ton more with Lucy? You're right at the average right now, you lucky thing...I am so insanely jealous. I've lost nearly 30 pounds and that STILL puts me at 40+ to go! Oi vey! Hallelujah, though, doc ok'd 15-20 minute walks every day so I can at least start exercising.

Meg said...

Al, I typed a very cleverly-worded response yesterday and Blogger ATE IT. Rats.

I gained like 35-40 lbs with Lucy (I lost a couple lbs at the beginning with her, too). I'm tracking very similarly this time -- just a few lbs behind. Although, as my mother was so kind to remind me, I kind of porked up (I think "filled out" was her terminology) in the last month or so with Lu... so I probably still have that to look forward to. :)

This time, though, I have been trying to eat a little healthier (more healthily?) -- I have a bridesmaid dress to squeeze into on April 8. Oi.