My online journal.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

the schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries!

I'm sorry for no updates in, like, forever. I loathe the excuse "I'm too busy!" -- everyone is busy. For some reason, this week has been exceptionally trying around here. So you get one quick kid story per kid and then I'm out.

Oh I should warn you that neither story is funny at all -- they're more for character development.

Lucy: What's a Bamo?

Me: A bamo?

Lucy: A bama?

Me: Oh, what's Obama?

Lucy: Yeah! (duh, Mom, that's what I was saying)

Me: He's going to be the president of our country.

Lucy: What's a president?

Me: The president is who the people of our country choose to be our leader.

Lucy: Are YOU going to be president?

Me: Oh, no. No. I won't be president.

Lucy: But you go to that Leadership Program!

Well, I about fell on the floor. Her grasp of the language really astounds me. And, I mean, she's totally right. What a kid.

On Monday we were at an open gym with the Watsons, and Ed all of a sudden started crying and ran out into the hallway. I followed him and found him leaning his forehead against the vending machine.

Me: What's wrong, Eddie? What's going on?

Ed: I'm sad. I'm sad because my friends do not play to me. I want them to play with me.

I assured him that the Watson boys would LOVE to play with him, but that he was going to have to just jump in and get involved in whatever they were working on. He cheered up right away, went back in the gym, and joined the boys. It's just amazing to me how we can all communicate so well. It's so fun hanging out with these little people!

OK really, have to run. I'm so sorry.

2 comments:

Heather said...

In an effort to encourage your blogging, I am going to comment. Plus, I had something to comment on. :) I think it's really neat that Ed is sensitive about playing with kids at such a young age. Jackson would prefer to be left alone most of the time - it takes him a loooong time to warm up to other kids. Way to put yourself out there, Eddo!

And Jackson has said this at dinner prayers. (It's because on the night after the election I added a prayer of thanksgiving for Obama):
1) Instead of "Thank you God for food and care, teach us how to love and share" he said, "Thank you God for food and Obama."

2) He closed the next night's prayer with: In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Obama.

Oh Jeez - blasphemer, I know. But I told him I'd give him five bucks if he did it at Thanksgiving Dinner. :)

bridget said...

I am just loving all these young DEMOCRATS!!!