My online journal.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cutting to the chase

Okay, so the entire last post was just a lead-in for what I was going to actually write. Obviously, my luxury of lead-ins has been revoked!

My family is going through an extremely difficult time with my mother's mother, Grandma Jake. She's living here in the Cities but will be moving in with my parents in IL after Thanksgiving. Please think kind thoughts for us as we go through this stressful and complicated transition -- especially for my mom and dad, who just got rid of their last roommate last spring (teasing, E$!) and who are taking on an unbelievably huge responsibility.

We just got home from dinner at Alley Joel & Cara's new loft condo downtown St. P -- it's awesome! They've done a great job cozying up the space, and it's such a neat place. They were brave enough to have us AND the Watsons (all kids included!) over for dinner. The food was fabulous, surpassed only by the company. The twins and Lu are a hilarious little picture, three little towheads toddling all over. We had such a nice time.

Signing off for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers, especially your mom. I can not begin to imagine handling what she has gone through this year and what she still has ahead of her with her mom. So many, many, many happy thoughts coming at your from Roscoe!

dadi said...

yo meg,gramps says get that gate up that recent christian.he aint no mountain goat