My online journal.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Singin' to the Oldies

Hauled the kids along to Joel's softball games last night, where we met up with some of my book club gals and their babes as well. What a fun time! Despite the constant threat of getting beaned by foul balls, the kids jumped right in to playing together. There were seven kids aged 3 years to 2 months -- the older ones played on the jungle gym (well, except mine, who was content to sit in the rocks and sift through them) and chased each other around the pavilion (which Lu DID partake in). Us moms actually sort of got to talk to each other! It was great.

Lisa and I volunteered at the Roseville Presby Home yesterday at lunch. Usually we just push the wheelchairs to and from chapel, but this time Lisa and I led the singing. We did "Amazing Grace" and "For the Beauty of the Earth" and we skipped the third song because we were unfamiliar. We were a little rusty but it was very fun, and we apparently get to go do it again next week!

In other news... there is no other news. Looking forward to a lovely autumnal weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it totally isn't much I was a little sAd I didn't get it out on time:-( but I blame it on wedding burn out. September 2 was our third weekend of weddin and when one is your daughters well need I say more! Love to all Aunt Denise

Meg said...

Did I know one of your daughters was getting married!?!? I'm not sure I did!! Well CONGRATS to the bride and groom, and to you and Charley. Did it happen already?? Can you email me pictures?? I would love to see them!

Anonymous said...

Megs do you have an e-mail I can send them to because we do have pics! I am sure you may not have known as communication is an art the Dahlheimers' have yet to accomplish. It was a small but lovely wedding. I can send them to your mother-in-law also. So let me know! I do believe every mother knows her daughter is the loveliest bride. I have two so far. Okay much love Aunt denise

Meg said...

I do have an email! I won't post it because I think that can lead to spam, but you can get it by clicking on my photo, then when the new page loads, click on "email" (on the left side of my profile page). Let me know if that doesn't work.
And if you send photos to me I will send you Donna's email too.