My online journal.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Correspondence

Dearest Lucy:

My darling baby girl, you are going to be two years old tomorrow! I feel terrible that I have not properly prepared you for your birthday -- I forget that you don't comprehend things like that yet. I often forget that you're still so little. You do understand so much, and it's so fun talking with you now. The other day you told me "I'm going to take a bath now." Do you know how awesome that is, that you can say that? Do you have any idea how much my heart melts every time you say "Mommy"?

You're the big sister now, and you are so perfect for that role. You're so assertive and yet so gentle. Daddy and I love how you cup Ed's little chin in your hands and kiss him. We love how focused you can be (like selecting rocks to pick up), and we love watching your thoughtfulness when working through a problem (like whether or not to let me cut your toenails).

I adore you and look forward to growing and learning and building our relationship together. Happy Birthday Baby.

Love,
Mommy



Sweet Eddie:

You are the easiest-going little guy -- you have made life so wonderful for us the past 6 months. You're sensitive, loving, and eager-to-please, and it's amazing how much we can tell about you already. Yup, we sure we have you pegged -- so don't go proving us wrong!

You, too, are getting so big, so fast. We had to move the seat of your "office" up not one, but two notches the other day. But you're still such a little guy. Last night you were fussy around 10pm, and I swear it wasn't that you were very hungry; you just wanted to nurse a little. I'm so happy we could share that time together. Of course, you were fussy again at 3AM, and then again at 5, and you could cut all that out any time.

I am so excited to continue to get to know you, and I am so filled with joy that you are a part of our family.

Love,
The Milk Truck



Dear Joel:

You're not so bad yourself.

Meg

7 comments:

The Madwoman of Preserve Path said...

Happy birthday, darlin' Lucy!!

Katers said...

What a great blog! Lucy & Eddie are so lucky to have you (Joel too). I'm heading up there the week of the 11th, and will definately give you a buzz!

Heather said...

Hi Meg -
What a beautiful post. You've got me crying already this morning. Or maybe that's because Jackson let me sleep until 7:30 this morning and not his usual, 6:08. I daydream about what it will be like to have a conversation with Jackson. I have a feeling he's going to be really funny.

Anxious to hear how your house does. We're itching to move too, but have to wait a little bit. Pretending we might to get our place tidied up a little is not a bad idea...

Thanks for reminding me every time I read your blog, that life is good. And to keep laughing.

Miss you guys!

Lisa Anderson said...

Meg - your letters are so precious. You are a great mother to your kids - and a good role model to the rest of us ;)

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Awwww, you made me weepy!

MC said...

Happy birthday, Lucy!

Rebecca said...

Happy Happy Birthday Lu Lu!

Love, Becky, Adam and Vivian