My online journal.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Caramba! It's the Samba.

OK it's Monday. I start teaching my swing and latin dance classes tonight down at the Dayton's Bluff rec center. Once again, I get myself committed to these things and I have to follow through and I live to regret it.
I had a dream last night that the latin class was cancelled but replaced by tennis. And I still had to teach it. And I remember thinking "well, it's a good thing everybody had to bring a partner!" And I also remember thinking "I'm a lousy tennis player but I can probably come up with something to work on for the next eight weeks. Keep your wrist straight!" I have no idea.
So I'm working on my "syllabus" today at work. I think I've only got two or three couples in each class -- what a bargain for them! $30 for eight weeks of essentially private lessons. Not too shabby. I am REALLY hoping I have enough material to teach them. I hope they're bad. :)

Alley Joel and Cara's wedding on Friday was really, really beautiful and nice. Joel and I gave it high marks overall. We've been to a LOT of weddings, but this was one of the first where I'd known both the bride and groom independently before they got together. Somehow that was especially moving. Joel and I now have to try to remember to feed their fish while the newlyweds are in Acapulco this week -- they might be in trouble.

5 comments:

Joel said...

While we're on the fish subject.. Do fish like cheeseburgers and french fries? Meg will post the results. Her ability to kill nearly indestructable plants and my irreverant table scrap feedings may make Cara and Alley dread the day they put us in charge of anything.

Rebecca said...

Meg--you are amazing! I wish I could dance like you...

Lots of Love to all of you!

Meg said...

IN MY DEFENSE, I have managed to keep both Hobo and Lucy alive thus far. :) Of course, it does help that both of them are able to make noise when they are hungry.

peggles said...

i can hardly keep my own schedule straight, and john and i are sooooo busy (both together and apart)! i wonder what i am going to do when that time comes that i am responsible for another human being! kudos to you and your extracurricular activities!

peggles said...

i was really wondering is there a pool going for gus? i definitely do not want to miss out!