My online journal.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Way to step up, people.

So I'm currently in a five-way tie for 48th place in the "favorite parenting blog" contest at Divine Caroline. I'm not going to lie to you, though: having to register there is a giant deterrent and I'm impressed I have even the 9 votes I do.

I haven't even voted for myself. :(



See, what I think needs to happen is, I need to get out of the "mommy blog" label and into the "Neighborhood/World" category, which has 1/3 of the number of nominees. MOST OF WHICH ARE MOMS! Cheating whores!! I'd be in the top 10 with my nine votes, there!!

3 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

I can't believe you just said,
"Cheating whores." I am dying.

I think your blog would make sense in the neighborhood/world category, given how involved you are in your community, what with EFCE (or whatever that's called) and theater and stuff. And yeah, registering is sort of a deterrent--I hate things like that. But I voted for you!!

Mindy said...

I knew those whores were keeping me down! I've been blogging six years, and just watched my hit counter turn over 6.5 million, and I have exactly one vote. Mine.

Meg said...

Ladies and gentleman (there must be ONE male, somewhere, who reads this blog?), may I please draw your attention to the fact that a true Internet Celebrity has commented on my blog! I am TOTALLY hitting the big time! Welcome, The Mommy Blog!

Geesh, I'm blushing -- comments from not one but TWO actual, published authors! Now if I can just get Garrison Keillor and Anne Ursu to show up, I'll be in hog heaven.