My online journal.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Fluffy's Master Plan For World Domination

...Soon there will be cats in charge of the nation

Whiskers will be used to transmit information

Meowing as a means of mass communication



So I'm sure nobody's reading this anymore, mostly because I told you not to. *shrug* I just wanted to let y'all know, because I have been getting concerned-sounding phone calls and emails, that everything is totally fine and wonderful here.


My internet connection has been really spotty -- similar to Delmon Young's leftfielding. So that's one excuse. Also, I just wanted a break, at least for the summer. Also, I feel like I'm spending too much time staring at the computer and not enough time cooking, cleaning, laundering and hanging out with the kids. Also I was feeling a kind of pull to journal, by hand, on a more personal level. Also I was feeling (self-imposed) pressure to turn out "finished pieces" here, and I just didn't want to do that regularly anymore.


But life is really great. The kids are HILARIOUS (they like to stand atop the retaining wall in our yard and shout in rhythm: "JOSEPH! I'll see you ROT in JAIL. The FINGS you have DONE are beyond the pale!" and then throw a rock or a stick over the wall, watching disdainfully as the offending piece of nature plummets into the prison of the lower yard. Oh, except Ed pronounces it "JOPHESS!"). Joel bought me a canoe for my birthday last week (and a big thank-you to everyone who thought to call/email). Jean ran Grandma's Marathon on June 21.


Happy summer everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's baaaaaaaaaaack! I'm happy you're going to do the occasional blog. I missed the regular updates.

Mamacita

Molly said...

I'm still checking in. Welcome Back! Glad that things are going well for you. I love the Joseph story! See you at Ray's wedding.

Jean said...

I think silly name pronunciations run in the Gronau family. I mean, doesn't Julie call Joel "Joelseph"?
And speaking of Julie, congratulations on the new initials following her name! She's an RN now!!

Tendrils said...

Yeah! Glad to hear you're ok and all is going well! Enjoy the summer....and those kiddos! :-)

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Woohoo, glad I thought to check this! Who the heck is Fluffy--do you guys have a cat?!

pilgrimchick said...

I think my cats are also in on that conspiracy.