My online journal.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Fulfilling Stereotypes, One Pickle at a Time

Note: This post is from last Tuesday. I wrote it and then totally forgot to post it. Oops.

So they're having big meetings at work all week with sales reps and whatnot, so of course they cater in all these lovely lunches from Panera and Jimmy John's which means...
LEFTOVER PICKLES!!
There's a huge box of leftover pickles in the company fridge this morning, and one of the other pregnant women at work is in the lunch room with me so I stage-whisper to her:
Psst! Lisa! PICKLES!!
And her eyes light all up and we grab forks and dig in, and I get back to my cube (where I sit next to yet another pregnant woman) and I say:
Hey! Kelly! PICKLES!!
And HER eyes light all up and she goes, "I LOVE pickles!" and we all giggle together. I'm on my second spear and it's only 8:48 AM. Mmmmmm.

So Lucy is wailing last night about some tragedy in her little toddler life, with her mouth wiiiiide open, and I notice: a MOLAR. The girl had only her front two choppers, top and bottom, and out pops a MOLAR. Poor thing!!

Gramps came up yesterday to spoil the Pants for the rest of the week until Thanksgiving. So cute together.

Gus had a little in-utero freak-out yesterday. I watched my belly shake and bounce for a bit and then realized that she might be a little upset in there. So I petted my tummy and whispered "Mommy's here, it's all right" and what do you know, it worked.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Mmmmm...pickles...

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Never did go for pickles while I was preggo (she says as though she's not preggo anymore, which is really just the work of some serious wishing). Kinda wondered if I'd suddenly like them--I never have before--but no.

And that's so cute about Gus reacting to you like that! My little one isn't moving quite as crazily as s/he was before, but there's still a whole lotta shakin' goin' on in general. Can't wait to see what it looks like OUTSIDE my belly.