My online journal.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday morning, I think

AAUUGHH golly where has time gone? We've had an unusually eventful summer -- I made the Minnesota RollerGirls and am now an Atomic Bombshell; Lucy's swimming has really taken off (her late-teenage teacher said yesterday that her front- and back-crawl was probably stronger than his -- she, amazingly, remembers to kick; but the elementary backstroke is her arch-nemesis); both kids have, incredibly, been able to keep practicing piano with a minimum of crying (none of it from me); Joel and Ellen and my mom all did the St. Paul Triathlon last weekend; and there's more exciting stuff to come!

Lucy is having a birthday party next week, and she just came up to me and said "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NEXT WEEK! YOU'D BETTER TELL DADDY!" She was really surprised that he and I had already spoken about it. Ha!

Last night I was helping Eddie with piano (and let me tell you, adjusting to the different approaches to practicing required by my two very-different children is VERY TAXING) and he was working on a very-simplified "Ode to Joy" and he started bawling (of course) and he cried "I don't like this because Beethoven wrote it and I CAN'T PLAY IT!"

1 comment:

Jean said...

Poor Eddie. That happens to me all the time.