My online journal.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Limbo

And I don't mean that fun, hilarious party game with the broomstick and the stupid song.

It took about seven phone calls (mostly me calling my clinic and the hospital to try to track down my doctor, who promised to call me back and still has not) to finally find out that St. John's is on "divert" status today (meaning they're not even accepting ambulances) and they'll put me back on the list...

for Wednesday.

I simply have No Idea what on earth I am going to do with myself for the next 33 hours. I'm seroiusly considering going to work tomorrow, if they'll even have me.

Oh, but I'm first on the list for Wednesday. Is that supposed to make me feel better?

7 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Bahhhhh! That sucks!! I'm so sorry. :( How are you feeling? Still having contractions? I seriously hope you don't end up going all the way to Wednesday, for the sake of your sanity. Give me a call tonight if you get bored or need to vent to someone you don't share a house with; sometimes a fresh audience is more sympathetic. :) I'll keep praying!

Lisa Anderson said...

Meg - if you are crazy enough to come in tomorrow, I will stop & get Caribou again! Same thing as last time?

Anonymous said...

Rats! I've been doing the "Please Let Meg Have the Baby" dance, but it's working like the "Please Let Me Win the Lottery" dance. Hang in there, girl. On the upside: You can sleep, sort of, like you'll never do for another year, at least. And the blog is hilarious. You're a great writer! -- Pat Sirek (Nicole Watson's mom)

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Go tonight! Betty and Bree

Anonymous said...

check your e-mail please.
also, did your MD eventually find out that you were not admitted monday moring, as previously ordered, even though there was a medical indication for the induction of being 41 5/7 weeks preggo? just wondering. and caring. and thinking of you.

Rebecca said...

So...it is Tues. morning. Maybe no news this morning is good news. Wishful thinking?

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind Meg -- but I figured everyone would want to see what he looked like.

And he's beautiful!

www.ranterbanter.com/Gallery5