My online journal.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Induction Junction

Hey there!
It's Sunday and we went to the hospital this morning because I thought I might have been leaking some amniotic fluid. I wasn't, but they did agree to mov my induction... to...

Monday!

So around 7:00 Monday morning, they're going to start the Pitocin. They can't just break my water because the baby is, hmm, I wonder how this is spelled: bill-OTT-able, meaning it's not pressing against the cervix. Essentially, should they break my water in this circumstance, they would hope that the head would just fall down, like a cork. However, because the head is still a little floaty, potentially the cord would be what goes down first, and then I'd be in for an emergency C-section.

That's the news! Who knows how fast it will go once they start the Pitocin. We'll be in touch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

john seems to think you will have the baby tonight because in his prediction, he predicted a snowfall and we are expecting 2-4 inches of snow tonight!

Anonymous said...

oh and meg, it is BALLOTTABLE, yes meaning that the baby is not settled into the pelvis real well and on exam, the examiner could bop the baby up and out of your pelvis, so breaking the water at this point would not really be a smart or safe idea. good luck with the pit induction! we'll be thinking of you!

Rebecca said...

Hi Meg! We'll be thinking of you all!

Best of everything tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

March 6th seems like a lovely day to be born. Can't wait to hear the news. Praying for a safe, graceful delivery. You are amazing!!!
Love,
Heather

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Yay! Isn't it wonderful to know the end is in sight? :) You better tell Joel how to post a blog so he can let us all know what Gus turns out to be and how everything went!

Praying for you,
Alison