My online journal.

Monday, March 06, 2006

It's hard out here for a preggo

Postponed.
I know what you're about to say: Are you kidding?

We dutifully called the hospital this morning at 5:45. "I'm sorry, we can't have you come in this morning. Call back at 9:00."

It's 8:13.

Lucy was up all night, crying, for no apparent reason. Nightmares? Tummy troubles? A couple good things (trying really, really hard to look on the bright side):
1. In the last two weeks, Lu has learned a couple key things. She'll now take something to the kitchen trash and throw it out for you, if you ask her to. She has also gotten pretty dang good at using a spoon to feed herself with. If I ever have this baby, those little things are going to be extremely helpful.
2. All our family is Officially Home from their various sojourns around the globe. Of course, I probably could have gone with them, had I any clue I would be charging straight at 42 weeks with no baby in sight. Seriously, though, I'm happy that everyone's back in town, and it sounds like they all had wonderful vacations.

8:20. If they can't get me in when I call at nine, I'm taking Lulu out on a few errands.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh! You are having SOME luck! Is Lu going to go with you to the hospital (or will you drop her at day care/relatives home)?

I was wondering how you managed to comment on my blog this morning. Here I was with this illusion of you...in labor...with your new fancy laptop...emailing people.

Darn hospital...get a move on...I want to know if our girl will have a future boyfriend...or not. (Hey, they WILL be forced to hang out together, since the parents will be! :)

Anonymous said...

We are wishing you all the best! Did you guys have a sort of snowstorm yesterday? We got a few inches, and that is enough to send the hospital into full force with babies, according to both my doc and Kate's. We are hoping things go smoothly for you today and we can't wait to welcome little Gus into the world! Bree

Lisa Anderson said...

You poor thing. I thought about you this morning when I had to call St. Johns. So other than frustrated, are you feeling okay? For some reason I have a burst of huge energy and feel great - it must be because Matt is home doing things for me!

I will be praying that everything goes well for you!