My online journal.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Gah!

Please email me if you want me to send you some photos -- just send me an email with "photos please" as the subject and nothing in the body copy (I'll just send a mass email then). Blogger is KILLING me, I can't upload a single one. Dang it all straight to heck.

Okay! Time for an update! Had Ed in for his 2-week checkup today (one day early).

A) I need a new clinic; we spent over an hour waiting for the nurse, and then the doc. And we had a 9:30 AM appointment!

B) Ed is terrific. He's up to 10 lbs (they want kids to regain their birth weight by 2 weeks, so obvoiusly he has managed that and then-some). He grew 3/4" in length too, and his head is up almost 1" as well.

C) Except... the doc was concerned that he looked a little jaundiced, so then we had to take him to the hospital lab for a blood test. Poor little guy. And poor Lucy, who prolly didn't know WHAT was happening, though I'm sure she was grateful that she wasn't the one getting poked and prodded. I maintain that he's not jaundiced at all -- he's just a little swarthy. Oh well. We wait for the doc to call with results.

D) Lu was such a trooper, sitting with us through the long waits, and the medical personnel torturing her brother, with neither a snack nor a diaper change to distract her. I swore I'd never be this kind of mother but... we went to McDonald's. *sigh* Another chink in my au-naturel, tree-huggin', granola-lovin' armor.

E) I'm so happy to be listening to the Twins spring training game on the radio. COME ON, SPRING!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg,

It's great to hear Ed is doing well. I was reading your past posts and catching up with what is going on with you guys. However, one question .... Please oh please tell me you have not converted to a Twins fan. How about those Cubbies?!?!? :) Stee

Unknown said...

Hey Stel,
Sad to say, I find it far too difficult to remain a fan of teams in a city in which I do not reside. Besides, the Twins are American League, so I can still cheer for the Cubs too AND hate the White Sox at the same time! So it's kind of a win-win. Plus the Twins NEED me, we are such a small market. I was just one of millions with the Cubbies. :) Can you possibly forgive me?

Anonymous said...

Well, since you can hate the White Sox, I forgive you. :)

Rebecca said...

Meg, I rationalize the same way...Cubs are NL, Twins are AL...just hope they never play each other in the World Series...yeah... As though that will happen!

Glad to hear Ed is doing great! Lucy really IS a trooper. I'd even be whining by then!

Lisa Anderson said...

Meg - great to hear things are going well for you & Ed ... & Lucy. I get a feeling I will still be around by Thursday, so I am looking forward to lunch. Bring pictures!

Oh, and for uploading photos, I had some trouble too. You could try a different Web browser. I switch off between Internet Explorer and Netscape. When one doesn't work, the other seems to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gronau family! Just wanted to say thank you for posting the pictures of little Eddie... I think he looks just like Meg (sorry Joel -- maybe he'll get your basketball moves??)!! Scott is looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday -- sure wish I could be there to enjoy the fun! Maybe Scott can teleconference me in! : )

Unknown said...

Nicole! The only email addy I have for you is integrismetals, and you are not working yet, right? Or are you. I wanted to write the other day but didn't know if you could get your work emails. Let me know!
P.S. Thanks for writing AND for noticing that Ed looks like me, of COURSE he does (J/K). (There has been a lot of disagreement about that around here!)

Anonymous said...

Hi there!! I have a new email -- you can write to nicolepudwell@hotmail.com or nicolep@ncsoffice.com. I started working on 3/9 as an HR Generalist for a telecom company called National Communications Services. It's exciting and crazy all at the same time! : )