


PHOTOS!
My fab sister busted out her new digital camera last night and we went to town. Please note Joel in the background, trying to be funny with a ball under his shirt.
I am also working on getting some photos of Gus's room. Patience. :)
In the last couple days, I've had several random people (not that the people themselves have been random, but people I know from random areas of my life, i.e. cousins, ex-coworkers, and friends-of-friends) make a point to mention that they are reading this with some regularity. I wanted to say THANKS for reading, I really appreciate it. I am going to make an effort to keep posting regularly -- it's difficult with work and all, but it's so good to know that you guys enjoy it.
Oh! So get this (some of you know this backstory already), when I pulled out all my old maternity clothes AGAIN last August or Septemberish, I was boondoggled when I couldn't find my maternity jeans and two tank tops. I mean, seriously devastated. They were an awesome pair of jeans -- comfy & cute (as cute as maternity jeans get, if you know what I mean). And the tanks were so versatile... anyway, I threw a fit and was pretty sure I'd accidentally given them all to Goodwill. I have been beating myself up about this since September.
Flash forward to last Saturday, when Joel and I are emptying out the garage of all Lucy's baby stuff that is now getting a reincarnation. Eureka! The jeans. And tank tops. I nearly cried. Joel actually told me to calm down. I celebrated by spending $137 at Target, including $4.94 on a pair of clearance-rack gold flats TO WEAR WITH MY JEANS.
It's the little things. :)
P.S. I am so sorry to gloat about this, but I got another fabulous sleep last night. I know it will all go away soon so I am really appreciative, while it lasts.
6 comments:
Yay! You found the jeans. Yay! I'm just so happy for you I don't know what to do. Yay!
thanks for the pictures! meg you look stunning! the time is near...we will get to meet gus very soon!
Cute pics! Is Lucy always that serious??? What a CUTIE!
No, she's totally not always that serious -- just when the camera comes out! Stinker. I have more I will try to upload today, including... Gus's room! I know you're all so excited you can hardly stand it, but keep your socks on.
:) :) :)
Meg! I'd like to add that I, along with apparently many other people, love to read your blog. It's been so nice to be able to check in and keep up with you, Joel, Lucy and Gus!! Scott and I will probably be in the Pac NW before little Gus is born (we leave on the 26th of February), so unless you go on the 23rd, we will be checking in on your site every day to hear the latest. Are you making Joel be your replacement editor those first few weeks??!!
PS -- You should really think about syndicating your blog -- It's v. funny!! : )
I read it too, I read it too! Although I just realized I can't trust my browser to give me the real page; until today the last entry it would show was the "Am I blue?" one. Apparently it kept bringing up the cached version and not refreshing it--I checked it at my parents' place and was like, "Holy clow, lookit all the new entries!"
Dang, girl, that baby is riding low! And you're ALL in front, aren't you? Sounds like a boy to me!
Post a Comment