Yes, (in case you didn't recognize it from the lyrics above,) it's The Final Countdown!
I'm 39.7143 weeks this morning. Thank you, thank you, it's good to be here. Er, wait, no... no, it's not. My hip sockets are killing me, I'm so huge I can't even wash my own knee-pits, and I seem to have badly pulled a muscle up in my rib cage. Not to mention, I'm starting to get the *teensiest* bit peevish. About Everything. Like, for example, if I ask you to put on my socks for me, I want it Now and I want it Cheerful and Enthusiastic.
Gus is still moving around a lot, whicn is so reassuring at this stage. Oh! And we may have a new girl name (if you haven't had it run by you yet, then you just might have to wait until she's born! Thanks Nikki for the idea).
We got a couple more things done this weekend, and I think I finally feel ready. Really. Honest. I do. My folks flew in for a visit on Saturday and it was wonderful to see them. My aunt and my p's found a place for my grandma to live up here, too, and she's moving up from Florida sometime in the next two months.
Had a *couple* contractions last night (nothing to write home about, though technically by blogging them I suppose I just did!). I think it will be sometime in the next week... but maybe that's wishful thinking. We'll see...
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey Meggo!
I can't believe that you are at 40 weeks already! I assume you are still working....brave girl! Well, it makes the time fly by, I suppose!
I want to know the other name... maybe you could just email it?!?!
Have a wonderful day/week and know that we are thinking of you and anticipating baby's arrival! Can't wait to get the news!
Hey Meg,
So you are in the final countdown! Hooray. Now by your message, does this mean YOU think it's a girl? We can't wait to find out, hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Bree
I DO think it's a girl, but that's not really based on anything other than I have A Girl, so I would probably have A Nother. And I can't imagine a boy. They're so weird, and they have weird parts, and stuff. :)
You would get used to the "weird parts".
So how are we all going to find out when you have the baby? Is there going to be an email or a chain of calls? We are all dying to know, who, what, when, where, and how??????
Believe me, I'm dying to know too!
I dunno, should I set up a phone tree? I am guessing Joel will be on the horn with the entire world -- he LOVES to call people. Particularly at 5:30AM. I will make an effort to make sure most of your numbers are in our cell phones in the next couple days here.
If you're in the "Ryan Chain" you will prolly hear from your respective One of Eleven (as usual).
If I usually communicate with you via email (Alison and Heather, you are the ones I'm thinking of here), you will prolly get an email shortly after the birthin'.
If this is unsatisfactory, please let me know and I'll make an effort to let you know in whichever method you prefer. :)
You can call us anytime! 5:30 for you is 6:30 for us...and we're up then! :)
(Although, if you DON'T want to call...email is ok too...we understand the whole long distance thing...)
Make sure you call Peg though...she gets ornary if you don't :)
Post a Comment