Just when I'm at The End Of My Rope and I think I'm not going to make it another day... Lucy goes and sleeps through the night. Amazing! I actually feel alive this morning, not at all the sodden lump of pasty flesh I was yesterday. And her smiles this morning -- oh, she's such a wonder.
The "nursing strike" seems to have been short-lived (thank goodness I didn't have rehearsal last night, so she HAD to nurse). I'm trying a lot of different things to increase my milk supply (it's been a bit low the last couple days), including eating oatmeal, drinking fenugreek tea, drinking dark beer... anyway we'll see how it goes. The beer part, at least, I enjoyed thoroughly.
Went to visit the new Watson twins across the street -- they are such little bundles! We got to hold them, and Lucy was very curious about who these new little wigglers were. It's hard to believe they're almost a month old.
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, Stu, since you asked.
I just found the beer info on the internet yesterday. So of course if it's on the internet it must be true. But really, they say it works. Dark beer, like Guinness, apparently has more hops than light. I don't know *how* dark it has to be... the beer I had last night was, for the record, a Leinie's Creamy Dark Lager. And it was delicious, if nothing else.
Post a Comment