Went to visit the Dalys' new bambina yesterday. Wow, there is just nothing like a brand-new, perfect baby. She is really very pretty and you can tell C&P are just totally blissed-out. :) So fun.
Lucy's been great the last few days -- she gazes at us with those big blues and we just melt into big puddles. The other morning, Joel and I got up at like 8:00 and she was still sleeping, so we crept into her room and watched her wake up. She saw our faces and let out this big, gummy grin... oh, man, there is nothing cooler.
Nursing has been going better, too -- my new trick is, I put my free thumb into her free hand and we squeeze each other back and forth. It seems to really comfort her and let her focus on eating. I'm still not allowed to speak while she's nursing though -- I don't know if it's the noise or the vibration in my chest but she gets SO MAD! It's really endearing, actually, and it's nice to be forced to simply be quiet and enjoy the time together.
The other night I'm feeding her in her room, and Joel comes over to see how it's going. Lucy hears his voice and pulls off to turn and look at him, then she grins and chomps back on. It was so funny, so sweet.
Taking some half-days this week was THE BEST idea. I didn't get panicky at rehearsal, thinking "I COULD BE SLEEPING!" and I got some extra quality time with the Pants, which rocked. The one stinker was using vacation time to get laundry and dishes done... but at least it got done.
My online journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment